Lottery Ticket Forgotten for Two Months Wins Million Dollar Jackpot

In a world where people hang onto their lottery tickets till they are sure if they won or lost, a man has done just the opposite.

The man identified as Peter DeLuca, walked into a store one day and got himself a lottery ticket with hopes that he would win some token. But after he got into his car, he stashed the ticked in his dashboard and forgot all about it.
In an odd twist of fate, the abandoned ticket turned out to be the jackpot winner, but the man was nowhere in sight to claim his win.
The 51-year-old from Michigan found this said ticket two months later, and instead of tossing it off, he took it to the store to check if it was a winner.
"I took the ticket to 7-Eleven to scan it and see if it was winner. When the clerk scanned it, she told me it was more than she could cash so she printed off the numbers from the drawing so I could check the ticket and see how much I'd won. As she read them off to me, I couldn't believe I was seeing them all on my ticket!" DeLuca said.
His ticket matched all five white balls drawn: 11-14-32-43-65. DuLuca was rightly shocked that all the numbers matched, and that he had won a million dollars. He collected his $1 million jackpot Thursday at lottery headquarters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oldest Man In The United States Dies At 112

Journalist Sets Himself Ablaze To Protest Poverty In Tunisia

Woman Jailed For Turning Her Adopted Son into Sex Partner